Vibal Group announces release of Understanding the Self: A Guide for the Perplexed
One of Vibal’s newest higher education titles, “Understanding the Self: A Guide for the Perplexed,” is now available at Vibal’s online shop.
Penned by distinguished authors Dr. Paul Dumol and Dr. Dean Edward Mejos of the University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P), this tertiary textbook presents a discussion on the construction of “the self” by putting the self under the microscope and answering the question, “Who am I?” through the lens of major theories of personality matched with experiential learning to ground these theories and perspectives. This book tackles both the factors and forces that affect personal identity development and maintenance, facilitating the exploration of the issues and concerns regarding self and identity to arrive at a better understanding of oneself.
Aligned with the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education, this textbook connects topics with everyday life to foster deeper and reflective understanding of lessons and aid students in facing the challenge of knowing themselves in their adolescence—a time of both vulnerability and limitless possibilities.
What to expect from this book?
- It contains marginal notes and other supplementary content designed for an optimum reading and learning experience. It offers additional information, such as trivia, supporting details, and vital information that thoroughly explain and highlight facts presented in the discussions.
- It has Key Points to elaborate on complex concepts and explain technical terms.
- The lessons are linked to relevant international news and articles for further contextualization of topics.
- It features Vocabulary, where the etymology of less familiar words used in the discussions are explained.
- It poses challenges to students to apply learning and craft sound arguments through critical-thinking questions.
- It is perfect for self-learning as it provides hands-on activities and self-help plans to assist students in setting their personal goals.
Who are the authors?
The authors of this textbook are two of UA&P’s greatest minds who are recognized in their discipline of studies.
Paul Dumol is a full professor of humanities at the University of Asia and the Pacific since 2016 and a member of its board of trustees since 1995. He is also a fellow at the Institute for Solidarity in Asia. Dumol obtained a PhD in medieval studies with specialization in philosophy (1994) from the University of Toronto, Canada. He received his master of arts in philosophy from the Liberal Arts Program (1978) of the University of Navarre, Spain. He graduated summa cum laude from Ateneo de Manila University in 1973 with a bachelor’s degree in communication arts. He received the Gawad Rizal from the National Historical Commission in 2012.
Dean Mejos is an instructor at the University of Asia and the Pacific since 2005 and teaches philosophy, philosophical anthropology, and ethics subjects among others. He is currently taking his doctorate degree in philosophy at the University of Santo Tomas where he also received his master of arts in philosophy (2009) and his bachelor of arts in philosophy (2003). At present, Mejos is a member of the Philosophical Association of the Philippines where he served as treasurer from 2010 to 2012 and public relations officer from 2007 to 2010.
You can get the print and e-book copies of this book at Vibal Shop. Click this link: https://shop.vibalgroup.com/products/understanding-the-self-a-guide-for-the-perplexed?variant=33057812840525
For inquiries, contact your Vibal account executive or e-mail us at email@example.com.